We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Developer working dayshift in our Ortigas office. You must be WFH capable with a strong internet connection as the role is in a permanent WFH setup.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents are added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our client, a brand activation platform located in Australia. Their end-to-end software enables brands, agencies, and businesses to book or host brand experiences that drive growth.
About the role
The Senior Developer role is responsible for delivering high-quality code in a timely manner while leading and working with the product manager and CTO to design solutions as appropriate. Working in an agile environment you will have senior technical expertise in software development. On a day-to-day basis, the senior developer is positively leading and contributing to discussions and team dynamics. The senior developer is responsible for developing appropriate front end, backend, and relevant test code.
- Together with the solution architect help improve our coding practices while delivering code and participating in code reviews
- Ensure code adheres to coding standards and guidelines. Actively improve these standards over time
- Adherence to guidelines on unit and integration tests
- Code is efficient and conforms to industry best practices
- Identify complex areas of code that require refactoring and technical debt and ensure these are addressed as appropriate
Teamwork and stakeholder engagement
- Display leadership qualities and a passion for working collaboratively
- Be able to engage successfully with other members of the team including testers, architects, and product owners
- As part of an agile team assist outside of your core skills including deployments, testing, and level 2 support when appropriate
- Be able to effectively provide and constructively accept feedback from team members
- Actively provide appropriate leadership as part of the product development team including mentorship and coaching
- Provide appropriate mentorship and leadership across the development team
- Participate and help lead the Agile inception phases, contributing to user stories, story estimation and prioritization
- Meet timelines and delivery commitments made by the team, escalating issues early when they impede progress
- Work collaboratively within the agile team to deliver user stories. Owning stories to ensure they meet all functional and non-functional acceptance criteria
- Supporting and ensuring the successful running of our client’s production environments including working with the help desk to diagnose and resolve issues when appropriate.
- Work with the solution architect to drive the design of our products and solutions
- Work with the solution architect to create solutions and conduct spikes when required
- Participate in design reviews and proof of concepts
- Contribute to solution design in line with our overall technical roadmap and industry best practice
- At least 6-8 years of commercial .NET development required
- Excellent understanding of Agile development methodology and development practices
- Detailed knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Configuration Management
- Commercial level experience with Dependency Injection frameworks
- Application, memory, and database profiling experience required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong experience with unit testing and acceptance criteria frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of .NET architecture and framework
- Significant experience in designing web-based, service-oriented applications
- Experience with architectural design patterns and database modeling and design
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) product development desired
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS IaaS solutions
- Solid database design and development experience with Microsoft SQL Server desired
- Experience in the distributed source control systems (such as Git) required
- Ability to understand complex business processes and requirements
- Ability to contribute to the success of a high-performing team
- Willingness to contribute across functions and geographies to ensure the success of the team
- Desire to bring innovation to the solution development process
- High level of self-motivation to achieve the ultimate team and company success
- Ability to identify and follow the right course of action
- Takes commitments seriously, doesn’t let others down, follows through with responsibilities
- Ability to define own tasks when given business and team goals
- Enjoys dealing with and successfully manages large volumes of detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead and mentor developers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies.