We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer working the mid-shift. We are offering work-from-home arrangements at the moment but will move to our Ortigas office in the future.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- One HMO dependent added for each year of service
- 20 vacation days and 7 sick days per year
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts
- Fantastic, bright and cheerful, open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to serve our client located at Los Angeles, California. This company is a fast-growing Managed Services Provider focused on the small and medium-sized business (SMB) market and whose employees love technology, are self-motivated and are passionate about helping people solve their IT challenges.
If chosen for this role, you will provide support to end-users and manage the maintenance and security of multiple environments. You will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the enterprise applications.
Education / Development
- Maintain knowledge of current industry-standard operating systems and major software including SaaS applications
- Lead the research and evaluation of new network/security technologies from vendors
- Assist in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure
- Maintain in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, and best practices for the networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, wireless, data center networking and interconnection
- Drive improvements to network process, efficiency, and standardization
- Contribute to the development and analysis of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment
- Plan and develop specifications for complex network/security architecture for company information and network systems/applications
- Perform and manage large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations
- Participate in security architecture planning, testing, and implementation
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and document computer networks and infrastructure
- Facilitate major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integrations
- Support and perform audits of enterprise network infrastructure including all hardware, software, server operating systems, and communications equipment configurations
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network and system problems
- Develop and provide reports on network performance and utilization to management
- Deploy configuration changes to devices in core and distribution layers while communicating with management to minimize downtime
- Provide expertise in the current network topologies, protocols, equipment, and utilize state-of-the-art network management tools for monitoring, collecting, analyzing and reporting system performance data
- Maintain Windows, Mac, and mixed platform infrastructure and all running services
- Evaluate current network systems, recommend changes in maintenance and network standards, train support personnel in the conversion and implementation of new systems
- Ensure compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards
- Support network server environment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative and enforce network security policies
- Collaborate with the network support team to identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
- Serve as a high-level technical resource on large scale network/security issues
- Perform advanced level troubleshooting to network usage and computer peripherals and provide support to System Admin and Help Desk technicians as needed
- Participate in the diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of network problems
- Identify and document the root cause of potential issues in the production environment and recommend potential solutions
- Provide Tier 3 support and handling technology such as security infrastructure, active directory, virtualization, Palo Alto, Net App, Fortinet, XIO, Azure, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission-critical network infrastructures
- At least 5 years of experience in managing data center-class firewalls (ASA, Palo Alto, FortiGate, etc.)
- 5 years of working experience in security architecture design, with knowledge of access control, intrusion detection and prevention systems, remote network access, anti-virus and anti-spam (AV/AS) systems, email and messaging security
- Experience in NOC
Personal Character Traits
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to think outside the box.
- Excellent leadership skills during technical troubleshooting triage
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Stellar customer service skills. Has a keen eye for detail, drive for meticulous documentation, and the ability to work independently when assigned.
Notable Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
- All Microsoft server and desktop operating systems
- MacOS management and support
- Office365, G Suite
- ConnectWise or Autotask
- Datto, Egnyte
- Datto Networking, FortiGate, SonicWall
- TCP/IP, QoS, TLS/SSL protocols, X.509 Certs, SMTP, Netflow, etc.
- Understanding of security concepts like firewalls rules, CVE’s DDOS protection
- Networking aspects of Cloud environments (SaaS hosted in AWS/Azure, etc.)
- Networking systems protocols, software, and technologies including routers, switches, load balancers, and WAN/LANs in a distributed environment
- Routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Virtualization technologies both networking and compute (VMware, Openstack)
- WAN/LAN/DMZ; VPNs, DNS