We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to work on a dayshift schedule and must be willing to work onsite.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position you will be assigned to our client, situated in Hongkong. They are a leading alternative investment firm focused on APAC which focus on private equity, real assets, and credit & markets.
They are looking for an experienced Application Support Analyst who will be doing the following:
- Tier 1 Application Support:
- Provide timely and effective technical assistance and troubleshooting for end-users or internal teams in an organization with software applications, systems, or technology solutions. Includes issue resolution, problem escalation, communication follow-up and continuous improvement of application support processes.
- Perform daily application checkouts required for start of day & end of day procedures.
- Continuously monitor application performance and systems to proactively identify potential issues or trends to proactively address them before they impact users.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, identify the root causes, and develop solutions to resolve issues.
- Document and maintain accurate records of support activities, including issues, solutions, and workarounds.
- Collaborate with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams to ensure timely and efficient problem resolution.
- User Query Handling:
- Respond to user inquiries and provide clear and concise explanations or instructions.
- Assist and provide guidance to users with application functionality, navigation, and troubleshooting to minimize future issues.
- Escalate complex or unresolved issues to appropriate teams or individuals for further investigation and resolution.
- Small Enhancement/Projects:
- Collaborate with business analysts, developers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements for small enhancements or projects.
- Assist in the implementation and testing of small changes or enhancements to the applications.
- Test software updates and new releases to ensure they do not introduce new issues or conflicts with existing solutions.
- Participate in project meetings and provide input on technical feasibility, usability, and user experience.
- Maintain and update support runbooks and other support documentation, contribute to user guides and knowledge base articles.
- Document application configurations and customizations.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to application support.
- bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant application analysis experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Experience with financial institutions is a plus.
- Positive and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with end-users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to a positive work culture.
- Basic knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience in application support or customer service is a plus.
Disclaimer for salary ranges. Yempo provides an indicative range of salary that we deem relevant for the advertised role. This may be adjusted for the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Final job offer will be within the advertised range or higher.