We have an exciting opportunity available for an Application Support Engineer to work the night shift/shifting schedule in our Ortigas office.
We currently offer work-from-home (WFH) arrangements, until the quarantine is fully lifted and we are ready to move back to our office. You must be WFH-capable with strong internet connection. We will provide the work equipment upon commencement.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- HMO dependent added for each year of service
- 20 vacation days and 7 sick days per year
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Working with prestigious clients, and highly professional and friendly co-workers
- Bright and cheerful, open-plan work environment
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts
In this position, you will be assigned to our client, a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator.
This is a great opportunity to gain a diverse understanding of the technical aspect of the financial services industry.
The Application Support Engineer will work with the Support, Development, Engineering, and Business teams to ensure that the applications function and perform as designed.
This role will specialize in dealing with issues and requests from the company’s Front Office, Back Office, Middle Office, Private Equity, Investor Services, and Treasury teams. As a result, an in-depth knowledge of technical and financial products is a must. While the support team has established processes and problem-solving guidelines, there will be situations where there are no guidelines and therefore the ability to be innovative is a key requirement.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Serve as the Incident manager on production outages relating to critical clients or key deliverables
- Define, generate, and analyze incident reports
- Serve as SME in App Support, functioning as an escalation point for members of the team
- Support application users in a mixed environment, on-premise, or in the AWS cloud
- Resolve issues and requests logged by the application users
- Process daily App Support requests, including setting app entitlements and creating or automating business processes
- Manage daily incident tickets, focusing on remediating issues to reduce the business impact
- Query database tables to assist in the resolution of issues and requests
- Troubleshoot bugs, identify gaps in the system for development and propose workable solutions
- Document new processes and guidelines
- Analyze infrastructure components, propose solutions, and collaborate with infrastructure teams
- Coordinate and support testing in UATs
- Implement and validate production changes
- Provide 24/7 on-call support and incident ownership to resolution, including availability to support holidays and major production changes during off-hours/weekends
- Build and analyze dashboards/searches for raw data (logs/metrics) in Kibana
To qualify for this role, you are required to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a technical focus
- Strong oral/written communication skills, attention to detail, and good organization skills
- Solid technical experience in:
- Application Support
- Supporting users in the financial sector, including Front Office, Middle Office, Trading, Risk, and Valuation groups
- Strong knowledge of:
- accounting and financial products
- Programming Language Syntax: MS SQL, Python
- OS: Windows Server, Unix
- Platforms: On-Prem, Cloud (AWS)
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Network components and protocols, Switch, Firewalls, AV, etc.
- Middleware technology, messaging, load balancers, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to break an issue into its constituent parts and understand how these parts relate to each other
- Programming Language Syntax: VBA/XLST, PowerShell Scripting, XML
- Financial and technical certifications