We have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Accountant working dayshifts in our Manila or Cebu office. You must be WFH capable with strong internet connection as we are home-based for the duration of the pandemic.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents are added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonuses and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, the Assistant Accountant will be assigned to our Western Australia-based client, a broad-line business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) distributor of industrial, maintenance, repair, operating ‘MRO’, safety & workplace supplies and other related products and services.
They provide supplies and solutions for every industry through its portfolio of distribution businesses that extend across the end-to-end supply chain covering Business, Trade, Retail, Service & Specialist Wholesale.
The Assistant Accountant is to support the general finance operations including account payables, bank/credit card reconciliation, the end-of-month reporting process, and other ad-hoc duties.
- Monitor/management of account mailboxes
- Account payables
- Daily management of account payables functions including invoice processing and payment preparation.
- Update/review weekly payment schedule.
- Account reconciliation and dealing with supplier queries
- Processing of United Tools RCTI Supplier rebates
- Timely collection of purchase data from suppliers & accurate allocation of rebates for members & UTL
- Manage Credit Card distribution, follow-up, and processing
- Daily bank entries
- Process daily bank transactions in the accounting system – Sage/Profit Plus/MYOB Account Right
- Updating daily cash summary
- Bank Reconciliations completed daily
- Processing all TSP refunds accurately & in a timely fashion of the TSP payment gateways (PayPal / Braintree / EFT)
- Credit/Debit card reconciliations
- Verify, process, and reconcile monthly corporate credit card accounts (including debit cards)
- Accounts Receivable
- Process of Monthly and Quarterly recharge invoices to intercompany entities and external members
- Distribution of monthly and quarterly statements to members
- Follow up outstanding debts for payments
- Processing of Member Rebate RCTI invoices
- Supporting GM with member rebate questions & reports
- Reconciliation & reporting of members marketing account balances
- Reconciliation & reporting of members sales rebate accounts
- At least 2 years experience in Accounts receivable and payables.
- Exposure to processing of general journals.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft office suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Relevant experience with using Sage or similar; with MYOB AccountRight is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills