We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer. Working on a day shift in our Manila site. You must be WFH capable with strong internet connection as we are home-based for the duration of the pandemic.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
Our Australian based client is the fastest growing cloud payroll & billing company in their sector in both Australia and New Zealand with a CRM platform that has consistently doubled in size for the last few years.
About the role
Reporting directly to the co-founder of the company, the DevOps Engineer will be for a senior role in terms of responsibility. You will be both responsible for the Dev Ops environment and managing the day-to-day workload for the dev team.
The DevOps Engineer will have to have a strong background in PHP development to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing sprints, releases, and automating development processes. You will be responsible for managing the server infrastructure on AWS, implementing continuous delivery, and automated testing processes.
- Manage our sprints and product releases, as well as act as a scrum master who knows proper agile methodology.
- Work with PHP developers to ensure the successful implementation and deployment of new features and functionality.
- Provision and maintain servers on AWS EC2 and RDS environments and ensure their uptime, security, and scalability.
- Automate various development processes to enable continuous delivery and automated testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with our infrastructure and monitor server performance and resource utilization.
- Manage and maintain version control system (git) and ensure codebase is properly maintained.
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and tools in DevOps and make recommendations for improvements to our development processes.
- Relevant experience handling similar role.
- Strong experience with PHP development.
- Expertise in Git, including branching and merging strategies.
- Experience with server configuration and management in an AWS environment using EC2 and RDS.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and a command-line interface.
- Experience working in Agile environments and Scrum methodology.
- Experience with automating development processes using CI/CD tools.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.