We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Functional Test Analyst to work the day shift. We are offering a SIGNING BONUS to the successful candidate!
We currently offer work-from-home (WFH) arrangements, until the quarantine is fully lifted and we are ready to move back to our office. You must be WFH-capable with strong internet connection. We will provide the work equipment upon commencement.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- HMO dependent added for each year of service
- 20 vacation days and 7 sick days per year
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts
- Bright and cheerful, open-plan work environment
- Working with prestigious clients, and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our client, a developing global company located in Sydney providing port logistics solutions. They are a world leader in developing innovative solutions for the global port community and maintain a suite of tailored and integrated products to help streamline operations, enhance efficiency and optimize productivity throughout the supply chain.
Their customers include shipping lines, port and terminal operators, freight forwarders, customs brokers, 3PLs, trucking companies, rail operators, importers and exporters.
They are passionate about people like you! They take time to hire the right people, invest in their development and growth, offer opportunities for career advancement, and understand the importance of creating an engaging and fun work environment. They are a values-driven organization that understands that all good relationships are based on mutual respect and understanding.
If you are hired, you are required to test all software products to ensure they meet the quality standards and match what the client has requested. You will work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure testing compliance is within agreed standards for a successful delivery of the project.
You will also perform trend analysis of problems and issues to implement proactive testing solutions and techniques of the projects and provide estimates for test resources.
Specifically, your duties and tasks include:
- Writing test plans/strategies, test scenarios/cases, RTM, test data, daily tests reports and required documentation for the projects
- Reviewing the requirements for testability and consulting with stakeholders as necessary, and identifying the scope of testing
- Conducting reviews of test cases for coverage and consulting with stakeholders as necessary
- Providing accurate testing estimates
- Performing and managing internal/external customer engagements, and providing support and expertise to help new and existing customers interface and use the 1-Stop applications
- Assisting in clarifying functional specifications to allow for more efficient development
- Test execution of different testing phases: System Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Useability Testing and Production Release Testing, ensuring delivery of the highest quality standard
- Raising and conducting defect/bug triage and replicating production issues in the test environments to provide detailed information and allow the development team to resolve issues
- Participating in the standardisation and continual improvement of the testing processes and methodology
- Managing the knowledge base repository for applications
- Documenting system support procedures, changed business rules, and updated technical guide based on the bugs, tasks or enhancements.
- Assisting in the project quality reviews for your assigned applications
- Other duties as directed from time to time
To qualify for this role, you are required to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in all areas of SDLC
- More than 5 years of experience as a Software Tester / Test Analyst
- Experience in API or Web services testing
- Experience in conflict resolution, applied at both customer and internal level
- Understanding of testing tools such as Zephyr, JIRA or QC
- Strong experience with SQL queries with SQL server or Oracle
- Systems Integration testing (functional and technical) skills
- Experience in waterfall and agile methodologies
- Strong QA skills: planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
Desirable Skills and Experiences
- Test Automation with Selenium
- Automation, preferably Cucumber, Selenuim or TestNG
- Java programming using Eclipse or IntelliJ
- ISTQB certified
- API or Web UI automation
- Microservices testing