We have an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Network Engineer working on a rotating shift in our Manila office. You must be capable of WFH with strong internet connection.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position you will be assigned to our client, the largest Australian owned technology services business.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Managed Service team to deliver high quality support services to the company’s clients, through exceptional communication skills and service excellence.
- Support of solutions based on Cisco, Fortinet, Palo alto, Juniper, F5, Aruba, VeloCloud, Viptela & Riverbed
- Managing incident and support requests according to SLA priorities and the company dashboards
- Working with our internal management tools to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Performing frequent health checks as required
- Escalate tickets and customer issues appropriately and efficiently to senior engineers, vendors, and management as required
- Assisting with the on boarding of new clients into managed services and onto our management toolsets and systems
- Support the company’s IT Infrastructure
- Produce monthly reporting on details of our client’s environments
- Identifying and improving existing support-based process
- Contribute to team development through sharing technical knowledge with other team members and suggesting initiatives that grow the success of the team’s operation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members, the engineering peers.
- Manage vendor support interaction to achieve desired support outcomes.
- Liaise professionally and effectively with key customer stakeholders to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to processes and standards (including incident and change management processes) to avoid any disruption to customer’s production environments.
- Mitigate triage and solve any service disruptions due to incidents.
- Technical Documentation – Prepare process documentation to describe how networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services operate.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to arrange and/or participate in acceptance testing of products and equipment, including but not limited to coordination of model & field trials, analysis of results, and verification of new products and platform enhancements.
- Participate in investigations, and work with internal and external stakeholders, to facilitate improvements in equipment/software performance.
- Continuously invest time and effort in maintaining currency in knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and take a leadership role in introducing these into the companies delivery capability.
- The role requires some support and implementation activities to be performed outside of business hours
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Networks and Telecoms
- Skills and experience across the full project lifecycle in Networks and Telecoms. You should rate across all key competencies – LAN, WAN, wireless, DC switching,
- multiple vendors and integration.
- Network Hardware – All major Cisco hardware and IOS and CAT IOS NSX, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, F5, Checkpoint, Cisco/Aruba Wireless.
- IP Routing & Switching – knowledge of IP Routing and switching. Experience in all the major routing and switching protocols, such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP V2, and Multicast, Spanning Tree, VLANs, ATM, MPLS/Tag Switching, and Data Link Switching.
- WAN Technologies – Frame Relay, ISDN, ADSL.
- QoS – Classification, Congestion Management, Queue Management, Traffic Shaping and Policing Tools, Link Efficiency Mechanism.
- Experience in working within a support team
- Alignment of experience and capability to the company’s preferred technologies
- Demonstrated ability in fault logging and ticket management
- Sound time management skills, and self-motivation
- Excellent phone manner and customer communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills / experience
- Customer service focused
- Attention to detail and quality documentation skills is essential
- A dedicated approach to customer service and exceeding expectations.
- Solving problems of varying complexity through analysis, synthesis of potential solutions, and test/deployment of technical resolutions.
- Appreciation for the importance of ITIL processes including, but not limited to change management, incident management, and event management.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders