We have an exciting opportunity available for an L2 Technical Support Engineer working the night shift in our Ortigas office. You must be WFH capable with a strong internet connection as we are home-based for the duration of the pandemic.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents are added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our US-based client who is a privately held Managed and Security Services Provider based in New York City. They deliver total systems solutions to a diverse clientele across a number of industries. Their culture promotes individual growth and a well-rounded work environment. The company both challenges and supports its staff through a diversity of assignments and carefully constructed training and team development and offers great opportunities for professional advancement.
The L2 Technical Support Engineer will exemplify strong help desk/support experience and should be comfortable working with minimal supervision to resolve complex troubleshooting tasks and demonstrate first-hand experience building and deploying new networks and replacing equipment in existing networks. Additionally, being able to demonstrate experience in leading technical teams and in ensuring proper and timely execution to share knowledge freely with co-workers, and stay cool under pressure. Lastly, must be able to passionately create customer loyalty and superb customer experiences and flexibility with an aptitude for technology and who enjoy working with others.
- Provide ‘Best in Class’ service and support to end-users onsite at customer locations.
- Assist and mentor Tier1 Helpdesk Specialists acting as Tier 2 support engineers.
- Resolve user issues assigned in the form of tickets in the onsite & helpdesk service boards communicate with technical staff and escalate outstanding issues when required.
- Perform work on servers as required to resolve user-facing tickets.
- Work within server room environments for purposes of documentation, troubleshooting, and assisting engineers remotely.
- Work with vendors & partners concerning products and service issues.
- Document time and notes in each ticket as the work is happening. At the end of each day, time entries will add up to total the time worked during the day. In-depth technical documentation on physical and logical systems configurations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in customer environments.
- 3-5 years of experience working with MCSE, Office 365, and Azure
- 3 years of server work experience with at least 2 years of desktop support experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft (Workstation and Server) and Macintosh operating systems including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Routing and Network Management
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Marval, Connectwise (advantageous)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated to learning and teaching
- Self-motivated, flexible, hard-working
- Dedicated to teamwork and customer loyalty
Nice to Have:
- Certifications in any of A+, Net+, Microsoft (MS, SC, or AZ), or Apple