We have an exciting opportunity available for six (6) Senior Linux Systems Engineers working night shift/shifting schedules in our Ortigas office. You must be WFH capable with a strong internet connection.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our client, a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator.
The Senior Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for the deployment and management of Hedgeserv’s Global Linux Infrastructure, OnPrem, and in the Cloud. This role requires experience in system administration, scripting, automation, and a background in coordinating with multiple teams.
- Perform day-to-day administration for the CentOS and other Linux-based operating systems in a virtual environment.
- Lead technical projects, as well as perform emergency maintenance on activities requiring special knowledge.
- Recommend, write, and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the environment.
- Work with external vendors and internal team members in providing technical and costs-based information related to new projects.
- Plan, test and implement Linux and Storage services in our Data Center and in the Cloud (AWS or Other).
- Define optimal architecture and design of new solutions based on requirements.
- Understand enterprise infrastructure concepts such as VMWare, SAN, Network, Load Balancer, and security devices.
- Experience with or in:
- CentOS and other Linux Operating Systems
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or equivalent configuration management tool.
- Deploying and managing VMWare infrastructure
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement.
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team.
- Possessing an RHCSA certification would be a distinctive advantage.
- Experience with or in:
- Linux Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Administering NetApp appliances
- Cloud technologies, Operations, and Migrations
- Building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Building Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Building OS images with Packer