We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to work the night shift in our Ortigas office.
We currently offer work-from-home (WFH) arrangements, until the quarantine is fully lifted and we are ready to move back to our office. You must be WFH-capable with strong internet connection. We will provide the work equipment upon commencement.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- HMO dependent added for each year of service
- 20 vacation days and 7 sick days per year
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts
- Bright and cheerful, open-plan work environment
- Working with prestigious clients, and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our client located in Los Angeles, California. They are a fast-growing managed services provider focused on the small and medium-size business market. Their employees love technology, are self-motivated, and like to help people solve their IT challenges.
If you are selected for this role, you will provide support to end-users and manage the maintenance and security of multiple environments. You will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support enterprise applications.
In summary, your duties and tasks include:
Education / Development
- Maintain knowledge of current industry-standard operating systems and major software, including SaaS applications
- Lead the research and evaluation of new network/security technologies from vendors
- Assist in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to the IT infrastructure
- Maintain in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, and best practices for the networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, wireless, data center networking, and interconnection
- Drive improvements in the network process, efficiency, and standardization
- Contribute to the development and analysis of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment
- Plan and develop specifications of complex network/security architecture for company information and network systems/applications
- Perform and manage large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations
- Participate in security architecture planning, testing, and implementation
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and document computer networks and infrastructure
- Facilitate major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integrations
- Support and perform audits of the enterprise network infrastructure including all hardware, software, server operating systems, and communications equipment configurations
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network and system problems
- Develop and provide reports on network performance and utilization to management
- Deploy configuration changes to devices in core and distribution layers while communicating with management to minimize downtime
- Provide expertise in the current network topologies, protocols, equipment, and utilize state-of-the-art network management tools for monitoring, collecting, analyzing and reporting system performance data
- Maintain Windows, Mac, and mixed platform infrastructure and all running services
- Evaluate current network systems, recommend changes in maintenance and network standards, and train support personnel on the conversion and implementation of new systems
- Ensure compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards
- Support network server environment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative and enforce network security policies
- Collaborate with the network support team to identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
- Serve as a high-level technical resource on large-scale network/security issues
- Perform advanced level troubleshooting to network usage and computer peripherals and provide support to system admin and help desk technicians as needed
- Participate in the diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of network problems
- Identify and document the root cause of potential issues in the production environment and recommend potential solutions
To qualify for this role, you are required to have:
- 2-4 years of experience providing a high-level of technical support remotely to managed services customers
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to think outside the box.
- Leadership skills during technical troubleshooting triage
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Stellar customer services skills, keen eye for detail, meticulous documentation skills, and the ability to work independently when assigned
- Experience in NOC
- An understanding of support tools used by managed service providers, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Willingness to work during the night shift and on weekends as per business needs
You must also have notable technical skills/experience in and solid understanding of:
- All Microsoft server and desktop operating systems
- MacOS management and support
- PSA & RMM Tools: ConnectWise or Autotask
- Internetworking and TCP/IP troubleshooting, QoS, TLS/SSL protocols, X.509 Certs, SMTP, Netflow, etc.
- Supporting and troubleshooting issues with technologies, including but not limited to:
- Network Infrastructure: data center class firewalls (ASA, Palo Alto, Fortigate), network shares/resources, printers, DNS, DHCP
- System Infrastructure: file servers, application server, virtual (HyperV, VMware, Azure, OpenStack), on-premise servers, domain controller, Active Directory, GPO; remote desktops, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016; MacOS management and support
- Mail servers: MS Exchange 2010, 2013, Office365, G-Suite; administration of user accounts and licenses
- Backup systems: Datto, Egnyte, Veeam, Azure cloud backup solutions, StorageCraft, etc.
- Security architecture design with knowledge of access control, intrusion detection and prevention systems, remote network access, anti-virus and anti-spam (AV/AS), email and messaging security
- Security concepts like firewalls rules, CVE’s DDOS protection
- Networking aspects in cloud environments such as SaaS hosted in AWS/Azure, etc.
- Networking systems protocols, software and technologies including routers, switches, load balancers, and WAN/LANs in a distributed environment
- Virtualization networking and computer technologies