We have an exciting opportunity available for a Systems Engineer working on a rotating shift in our Ortigas office. You must be capable of WFH with a strong internet connection.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents are added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our client, one of the leading IT service providers in Edmonton, CA.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Systems Engineer designs, develops, and troubleshoots technology solutions for the client. The incumbent is responsible for a broad array of responsibilities related to hardware and software systems, including installation, maintenance, and life cycles. The Support tech must have subject matter expertise in several operating systems, knowledge of imaging technologies and virtualization platforms as well as a good understanding of directory migration tools and networking infrastructure.
Systems and Infrastructure Analysis, Development, and Support
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades. Performing installation, maintenance, and support of system software/hardware and user support
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues. Developing, maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components.
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Supports the technology needs of clients, analyzes needs, installs, and troubleshoots technology
- LAN Administration including switch and router installation and configuration.
- Hardware/ Appliance acquisition and maintenance.
Server and Computing Infrastructure
- Translating user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
- Conducting server builds
- Acquire, manage, troubleshoot, and repair server hardware components
- Monitor server health
- Manage server power requirements
- Manage server cooling requirements
- Design, Install, Configure and Maintain a virtual server environment.
- Install, and configure VM Ware Software
- Addition/Deletion of virtual machines
- Resource allocation
- System Debugging and troubleshooting
Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install, manage, troubleshoot, and repair Windows Server operating systems.
- Windows Active Directory Services configuration and maintenance.
- Printing services configuration and maintenance.
- File system configuration and maintenance.
- Terminal server and remote access configuration and maintenance.
- System debugging and troubleshooting.
- Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals
- Create and maintain technical documentation of network, computing infrastructure and configurations.
- Create and maintain documentation on end user use of the network and computing infrastructure.
Network and System Security
- Perimeter and server security
- Firewall installation, configuration, and management
- Other security appliance installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Hardens operating system installs for resistance to attacks
- File system access control
- Enterprise Anti-virus
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Investigate system abuse and security-related incidents
- University graduate of Computer Science, Management Information Systems or an IT Technical Diploma
- At least 3 years (junior) and 6 years (senior) of related work experience in a complex multi-platform environment
- Must be well organized and have a good eye for detail.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to self-learn a variety of software tools.