We have an exciting opportunity available for a Systems Engineer (Unified Communications) working dayshift in our Ortigas office. You must be WFH capable with a strong internet connection as we are home-based for the duration of the pandemic.
When you join Yempo, you’ll receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Highly competitive salary – paid weekly!
- HMO enrollment on commencement
- Additional HMO dependents are added each year of service
- 20 vacation days per year; 7 sick days
- Annual performance bonus and incentives
- Annual salary reviews and increases
- Free cooked rice, snacks, and hot drinks
- Company polo shirts provided
- Fantastic bright and cheerful open-plan work environment
- Prestigious clients and highly professional and friendly co-workers
In this position, you will be assigned to our Australian-based client. They are a specialist provider of Unified Communications (UC) and VoIP solutions to the commercial and education sectors. They provide innovative technologies from the world’s leading vendors, all designed to help your organization communicate, collaborate and serve your customers faster and easier.
The role of the Level 2 Unified Communications Engineer is a blend of proactive and reactive technical responsibilities. This role forms a key part of our service delivery team which is involved in both maintenance and development of our core voice platform as well as customer implementations and support. Therefore, this role will have both an internal and external facing component requiring flexibility and initiative.
- Provision of unified communications support services to all customers across:
- Hosted Services
- On-Premise equipment
- Carrier voice & data connections
- Pro-active maintenance of internal server, network & telephony infrastructure following best practices
- Work with tech leads in the event of any critical outages or system failures
- Management of backups and restoration including assisting with DR / BCP plans and DR testing
- Identify processes and systems improvements to enhance the network support and Service Desk services
- Assist with the requirements gathering process for new customer implementations
- Contribute to Functional Specifications, Test Plans, and As-built Documentation
- Assist with coordination & deployment of end-user devices
- Build new PBX and SBC infrastructure for customers – premise & hosted
- Facilitate test & acceptance process and post-implementation support
- Work with infrastructure lead on performance, capacity, redundancy & lifecycle plans
- Provide support in monitoring tools & alerts for networks and servers
- Manage patching process and regular housekeeping tasks for servers and network devices
- Contribute to current DR plans & testing with an understanding of its key risks & actions
Application & Systems Support
- Work with senior engineers on research & development of new products & services
- Conduct market research, trials/proof of concepts of new technologies
- Work on existing product development
- Contribute to thought leadership in new initiatives, strategies, and process improvements
- Provide technical support to customers
- Configure and support Office 365 and Skype for Business phone system
- Configure and support Session Border Controllers
- Produce and maintain documentation
- Train/up-skill internal technical team
- Take regular backups of systems
- Perform scheduled updates of internal and client systems
- Technical Testing post implementation
- Run technical workshops for the internal team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher that is highly relevant plus at least 3 years of relevant employment experience.
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of our business’ core technologies, and their applications including:
- SIP, SBCs, and voice codecs
- Routing and switching protocols
- Call flow design
- Windows operating systems
- Firewall and security processes
- Voice devices including handsets, softphones, conferencing units, etc.
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Teams calling & meetings administration
- Microsoft Teams video conferencing equipment
- Be able to clearly depict the physical, logical, and information architectures in graphical and documented form
- Be able to determine, evaluate and critique technical options to meet this customer/business needs.
- Be able to assess and evaluate the performance of the core systems and make recommendations to improve the operations of the systems
- Be able to install, configure, administer and test the core technologies for customer projects
- Be able to provide the necessary skills in the core technologies to support, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Be able to personally manage the key core systems on behalf of the customer/business as required.